The amendments of the Employment Act enables employees to better understand how their salary is calculated and their employment terms and benefits. This also helps employers prevent misunderstandings and minimise disputes at the workplace.
Employers can read more about the requirements for:
- Failure to issue itemised payslips.
- Failure to issue KETs in writing.
- Failure to maintain detailed employment records.
- Provision of inaccurate information to the Commissioner for Labour or inspecting officers without the intent to defraud and mislead.
How the changes came about
The changes highlighted here are the result of a review of the Employment Act. Feedback was obtained through several platforms, including public consultations conducted in July to October 2013. Proposals were evaluated by employers, unions and the Government.
Assistance packageEmployers can tap on the assistance package for the following:
- Blank payslips and KETs that can be filled in by hand.
- Software for generating itemised payslips.
- One-to-one assistance for SMEs.